The Texas Educator Certification Examination Program will transition to a new vendor, Pearson, beginning September 1, 2018, for the following tests: TExES, TExMaT, TASC, and TASC-ASL. ETS will administer the new Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) when it becomes effective in fall 2019.
- A Pearson website with limited information will be available on June 28th. The new full-content website will be available September 1, 2018. www.tx.nesinc.com
- Registrations with ETS will continue through August 29th for test dates through August 31st.
- Preparation materials and educator preparation program (EPP) resources will continue to be hosted on the ETS website through August 31st.
- Score reports will continue to be available on the ETS website through September 28, 2018.
- EPPs will have access to ETS Data Manager through September 28, 2018.
- Account set up and registrations with Pearson will open on September 1st for test dates beginning September 4th. Educators and candidates who wish to take a test or view their old score reports must first create an account with Pearson.
- Beginning September 1st, all TExES and TExMaT exams will be administered as computer-administered tests (CAT). TASC and TASC–ASL will continue to be administered in an interview format.
- Pending SBEC approval, test fees effective September 1st will be $116 for most TExES exams, and $58 for individual Core Subjects exams (#801-809). The Texas.gov fee will continue to be assessed.
- All test-related inquiries should continue to be directed to ETS through August 31st: www.texes.ets.org / ETS Customer Service 1-800-205-2626
Testing Vendors as of September 1, 2018:
|TExES, TExMaT, TASC, and TASC-ASL||Pearson||TBD||www.tx.nesinc.com (effective 6/28/18)|
|Foreign Language & Bilingual Exams: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, & Vietnamese||ACTFL/LTI||800-486-8444||https://www.languagetesting.com/|
|Family & Consumer Sciences
#200, #201, #202
|Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) (effective fall 2019)||ETS||TBD||https://www.ets.org/ppa/test- takers/school-leaders/about|
The original TEA document of this information release can be found here.